Auto Owners Insurance - Auto Owners does not want to pay according to the policy for a total loss.
I could not be more upset with this horrific company.Instead of the no problem people they are the cheat people.
After 3years and hiring an attorney to get our claim paid according to the policy for a total loss. They have had an estimate several days after the tornado which no question completely destroyed our home. They came up with actual cash value with depreciation that coinsides by some miracle with only one portion of the policy. We have a replacement cost policy that they don't want to honor.
In other words a breach of contract. We could never ever have rebuilt the home according to their low ball estimate. They even went so far as to say there was a structure still standing which is laughable after seeing the pictures . You can look on the website for pictures of the November 17, 2013 tornado.
One third of the town was destroyed. After loosing everything due to a tornado you expect to be able to make your lives whole again with the expectation of using the insurance policy that you paid for and yet they refuse to pay for the loss according to the policy. In addition Summer and Associates does not back up the policy you purchased from them. Since that horrible day Auto Owners has made our life a living *** for 3years trying to get them to pay for our loss and using the policy.
If you can't use the policy for a total loss then when? My husband was a vet as well as the entire family so we have had insurance with USAA for over 50 years and never once have had a problem. I can assure you no one deserves to be put through more trauma after a natural disaster and loosing your home memories after 67 years. All I can say is get other insurance and make sure you know the policy inside and out.
Have an attorney review if necessary. I urge you not to buy a policy from Auto Owners you will be extremely disappointed if you think they are going to do anything helpful or pay for your loss.
There only intention is to minimize your loss to save the company money.They need to change their slogan of the (No problem People ) to the Cheat People
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I went threw ESurance to get a renters policy on my apartment with Homesite Insurance, I did this because I had had several break ins at my apartment in 2014,..."
- "Today one of their agents showed up at my house---unannounced and unplanned. His phone number is 662-832-9331. This is the second time in 6 months that Combined Ins. agents have..."
- "So we saw a commercial for the Gerber Life Grow-Up plan and started filling out an online application. While I was filling out the application, I did some additional research..."
- "Until now my refund request is zero. I think hellopay is a SCAM and Lazada has to pay. Submitting this review, i thought might help but until now, nothing happened...."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "Recieved this product and on installation notice the under part of the hood was seperating and where the hood latch goes was cracked and cant be used, espicially since the..."
- "In Feb 2014, we purchased a sectional from Living Spaces. We like the sectional, but a one of the pieces (sections) came damaged- actually the section that came damaged..."
- "Seems like I'm in the same situation as a number of other reviewers who were conned into buying items from Dresslily in December. I ordered a Mermaid blanked for a..."